How to Drain a 1999 Buick Regal Radiator
- 1). Allow the engine temperature to cool if it has been running. Raise the hood of the car and twist the high-pressure cap off the top of the radiator. The radiator is located at the very front of the engine. You will find the high-pressure cap at the top of the radiator on the passenger side of the car.
- 2). Raise your Buick Regal with a jack. Secure the car on a set of jack stands so you can comfortably work under it.
- 3). Position a large drain pan or a bucket beneath the driver side of the radiator on your Regal. It is important to avoid draining antifreeze on the ground.
- 4). Locate the radiator drain plug. The drain plug on the 1999 Buick Regal is on the back of the radiator, near the bottom. Reach behind the radiator from beneath on the driver side. Locate the key-shaped valve behind the radiator and turn it until the coolant begins to drain.
- 5). Drain the radiator until the coolant stops flowing. Replace and tighten the drain valve securely to avoid any leaks when you refill the radiator.