How to Transfer a Site With CPanel
- 1). Back up your site in cPanel. Do this by clicking the "Files" tab and then "Site Backup and Restore." Some hosts who use cPanel will create daily, weekly and monthly backups for you as part of your hosting package.
- 2). Choose a full backup or a full cPanel backup. If your host has been creating regular backups for you as part of your hosting package, then choose the most recent backup you want to download, likely the "Daily System Backup." You will then be able to download a copy of the current day's backed-up files and databases for your website.
If your host has not been creating daily, weekly or monthly backups for you, click "Download or Generate a Full Website Backup" to back up and then download all the files of your website to your computer.
- 3). Save your downloaded backup to your hard drive. Make sure you will remember where you put the backup.
- 4). Log in to cPanel on your new host. Just like you did in cPanel on your old host, find the files tab and click "Site Backup and Restore." Choose the "Restore" tab.
- 5). Click "Upload a Backup." Browse for your backup on your files and click "Upload Backup." Once the upload is complete, you will have finished the process.